WHO CAN HELP?
More about your rights and who can help you
To learn more about all your appeal rights:
- Talk to your health plan about how to file appeals and your rights.
- Call 1-800-MEDICARE.
- Maximus can only give you general information about appeals. Maximus cannot discuss your case over the telephone or take "testimony" about your case over the telephone.
If you need help making an appeal, call,
- Your local Bar Association or legal aid program. If you do not have much money, these offices may be able to help you with your appeal.
- A private lawyer who will charge you.
- Your state's State Health Insurance Assistance Program (SHIP). Information regarding specific State Health Insurance Assistance Programs can be accessed through the Medicare website at https://www.medicare.gov/contacts/
- Call 1-800-MEDICARE (1-800-633-4227) to request the telephone number of your State Health Insurance Assistance Program. TTY users should call 1-877-486-2048.